Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

In Need of Rest

I'm "resting" this week, or as I have been told by my doctor and encouraged by my principal to rest and take some time off this week.  I'm having a really difficult time with this for a handful of reasons...1) I get emotional about leaving my students.  I'm just not ready yet and I know I will be back before the school year is over, but I'm just not ready to give them to another teacher for a short period of time. 2) I like to keep busy.  In general, I like to be on the go and always doing something.  I don't sit still very well.  And I need to. 3) I just worry.  I worry about delivering early.  So...I know resting is what's best. 

So, as I rest, I 've got my most recent knitting project close by (baby's blanket), my electrolytes and water, a mound of papers to grade and input into the grade book and the TV remote with Grey's Anatomy ready to play at an instant. 

It seems appropriate to be thankful for the situation I am in...thankful that I have a very caring doctor who has called me every other day to see how I am doing, thankful for a supportive staff that I work with, thankful for friends and family who keep checking in on me and most importantly, thankful for a loving husband and little boy who try to keep me off my feet as much as they can. 

So, although my situation isn't ideal, for now this is what it must be.  I will rest and enjoy this time to get caught up on a few classroom items and head back to work after Thanksgiving Break. 

No comments: