Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

Moms Like Us

A couple years ago a friend of mine created a private group on Facebook called Moms Like Us.  What originally started as a group of new-blank-in-the-face-in-love-with-their-baby-moms who were all friends has turned into group of nearly 900 women who share and discuss a variety of topics.  There are days that I get a good laugh, days that I think, "Really, you have to ask that question?" and then days that my heart aches for another mom (often someone whom I do not even know).  Unfortunately, today is one of those days that I can't stop thinking of a mom in the group that miscarried at 10 weeks.

If you haven't been through a miscarriage then it is really difficult to explain the emotions and trauma that you go through.  I can't even put it into words.  My heartache especially hits close to home because I have had three miscarriages and being pregnant again this is something that is always, ALWAYS, in the back of my mind.  The post from a saddened mom who lost her baby at 10 weeks is a reminder to me that I am not in control of my life....God is.  There are unexplainable reasons why women have to go through this heartache and loss, but I am reassured by the fact that my God is a loving God.  I choose to think that there are very good reasons for miscarriages and although I would like to know all the answers, this is one of many times that my question will remain unanswered until I am face to face with God.

For today, I am thankful that I have a happy, healthy family (thank you, God)---loving and supportive husband, funny and ornery 2 1/2 year old and a healthy little baby on the way.   Praying for a saddened mom who lost her 10-week old baby. 

No comments: