Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

What Happened to December?

When I should be finalzing report cards and preparing for conferences, I find myself catching up on my blog.  I still have a few days...I can procrastinate a few more hours, right?
It's mid-January.  MID-JANUARY!  What happened to December and the beginning of January? 

Over the holidays we spent some time in northern Idaho and Spokane.  I always feel rushed to see as many family and friends as we can whenever we go home for the holidays, but this year I didn't.  We made a simple plan and stuck to it...sorry to those that we did not see this past trip to the east side.  We'll see you next time. 

We were up at my Dad's house for Christmas this year and I absolutely love going up there. I think it's the feeling of being completely disconnected, the silence of nature all around (my dad calls it God's country...it's simply beautiful) and the overall relaxing environment.  Not to mention that driving up the river always elevates fond childhood memories from deep within.  We spent many hours basking in each other's company, sharing stories and just being silly.  A  feeling of happiness consumes my entire body just thinking about it. 

We snuck in a day with Chad's family and I'm so thankful to have such a loving family.  It just so happened to work out for all of us to come home for Christmas...or rather the day after.  With Kurt and Teags in Eugene, Kael and Jason in Cheney and Chad and I in Kirkland our individual lives get busy.  Although, when we do get to see one another it's always that much more special. 

Here are a few pics from Christmas...
Dad and I.
Dad, Chad and I.  I love self-taken photos.
Debbie in her cute apron.
Dad's wild turkeys...he feeds about 50 of them.
This is right out their back door.

At the MacDonald's...
Reese (also known as the cutest niece in the world) sitting at her new table.
The boys playing with the loader...a tradition.
The Colemanator (most hansome nephew in the world) proudly displaying his new Idaho Vandal hat.
I must apologize to Chad and Teags for posting this, but I couldnt' resist sharing.
A tradition at the MacDonald's...you have to try on EVERYTHING!
Of course, without question, Chad and Teags did not pass up this opportunity to model their new unders...
...and it digressed from here.
Therefore, I will not show you the other pictures which are not suitable for everyone's eyes.

A quick stop to see my brother....

I miss him...a lot.

I'm done with sharing for now...

No comments: