Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

My Dad

In honor of Father's Day I thought I would write about my dad.

I love my dad. My dad and I haven't always had the relationship that we do now...one of love, forgiveness, laughter...but I'm thankful for all that we have gone through to have the kind of relationship that we do today.

When I think of my dad the first two things that come to mind are easy going and funny. I don't think my dad has always been easy going, but he has always been funny. He's fun to be around and I enjoy his company. I enjoy his "we'll get to it, when we get to it" kind of attitude, especially when we are with each other. He takes in the moments when we are together and I really like that. My dad likes to kid around. I love when I'm with my dad and he doesn't care what others think...he's always silly and I like that about him.

My dad is very generous and he always has been. He's generous of his time. He is very helpful and he will go out of his way to help others. My dad can also be a hard worker. I say can be because it depends on the circumstances and situations. He's worked for the same company for 30 years now...I'll just say he's getting the retirement itch and his hard working days are getting less and less.

I love my dad and wished we lived closer. When we are together people say we are just alike...we act alike, we talk alike, our mannerisms become one in the same...I'm a clone of my dad. Okay, not really, but we are very similar. I talk to my dad almost every day on the phone. I miss my dad. He's amazing and I'm thankful for him.

No comments: