Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Good Morning Crossword

School's out for summer and I have bittersweet feelings. Leading up to the last day of school I was an emotional wreck. Between packing up my entire classroom, saying goodbye to my 6th graders-my first class, saying goodbye to staff that I have worked with the last year and not knowing if I have a job next year...I've been pretty emotional. (Thank goodness I have such an understanding and patient husband.) However, now that summer break has arrived my emotions have subsided and now I have to be the patient one as I eagerly wait to hear where I will be placed in the district for next year. The anticipation is killing me, but I know God is looking out for me.

As I wait patiently and summer is here I realized today how much I have missed my summer morning routine. I'm an early riser. I haven't always been that way and I think my getting-up-early routine started when I had my Extended Day job working with students before and after school. I had to be at work by 6:00 in the morning...I think my body has now adapted to that and every day I'm wide awake by 5:30-6:00. This morning when I rolled out of bed (however, not at 6:00) I was delighted to have some time to myself. Time to turn the kettle on for some tea, water my plants and sit down to work on the NY Times and Seattle Times daily crossword. Good morning crossword...how I've missed you.

No comments: