Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Life Happens

I think I forgot I had a blog.  Well, not really; however, what has happened is life.  I looked and my last post was from July...the beginning of July.  Like I said, life has happened and we have been blessed.

On a daily basis I stress to my students the importance of writing every day, whether it is a concrete piece of writing or just a list of random items.  The idea is that the more one writes, the better one becomes in their writing techniques.  Maybe I should practice what I preach...I think that's a good idea.  Therefore, as I ramble at 10:48 p.m. instead of in bed and asleep, I want to commit to blogging more frequently. It is therapeutic, healthy and satisfying.  Also reflective and makes me feel better...not to mention when my students ask, "What are you writing about, Mrs. MacDonald?" I will have something to honestly share.

Tomorrow is a new day, but I leave you with words of wisdom from one special little girl who meant a lot to me (and was an outstanding writer).

"You should smile as much as you can. It makes people feel better, including yourself."
     -Kelsey Jensen

Goodnight.

No comments: