Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer To Do's

Previous summers I have always created a list of things I wanted to do, see and get accomplished.  I have yet to do this and our summer is half over.  Nonetheless, here are the "to dos", the "want to sees" and the "I must get this accomplished" list...
  • I want to read up on classroom management procedures and the 4th grade curriculum.  (I will be teaching 4th grade this next year, a new grade level for me. I'm also currently reading Positive Discipline In the Classroom: Developing Mutual Respect, Cooperation, and Responsibility in Your Classroom.)
  • Day trip to Mt. St. Helens (Accomplished!)
  • Restain the deck.
  • Form a landscaping plan for the back and front yard (we have a few changes we would like to do).
  • Refinish the entry way table
  • Fix and paint or paint and tile the desk on the deck.
  • Calk the kitchen and finish painting (Accomplished!)
  • Beginning in August, visit my classroom at least once a week to get ahead of the game for when fall arrives. 
  • Go for at least a 30 minute walk 5 days a week (Accomplished...so far.)
  • Go to the zoo (Done and done!  We've got a zoo membership now so the zoo is our new favorite place to hang out. )
  • Camping in Idaho.
  • Couple trips to The Cabin.
  • Train for a 5K in the fall (Getting there.)
  • Reorganize the kitchen cupboards (Accomplished!)
  • Clean out the upstairs hall closet.
  • Organize all our camping/outdoor gear in the garage.
  • Refinish Will's high chair (my old high chair).
  • Go to an M's game.
  • Print a few pictures and hang them up around the house.
  • Go on two hikes...in new areas.  Thinking of checking out a couple of trails off of HWY 2...maybe a portion of the PCT.
  • Clean out and organize the upstairs guest bedroom closet.
  • Clean out the front hall closet.
Alright...so this is just a start and this might take me well into September, but for now, this will do.

Happy summer, everyone. 

1 comment:

Laurel said...

The positive discipline books are great. I need to read through them again.