Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

These Are A Few of My Not-So-Favorite Things...

For the most part I have absolutely enjoyed every minute of being pregnant.  I think this is true partly because it has taken a lot of work to get to where we are and I really have enjoyed being pregnant.  Even through the morning sickness, which there are days still, I just smile because its just another sign that all is right in Herm's world.

However, there has been a few small things that I haven't enjoyed as much...

  • I miss my clothes or at least a variety of things to wear.  Sounds materialistic, I know.
  • I miss eating seafood.  I know I could eat it, but the thought of even being near the smell of it stirs up nausea.
  • I miss deli sandwiches.  The one thing my doctor---whom, I love--said I should avoid...everything else she said to take in moderation.
  • I miss sleeping on my stomach.
  • I miss winter beer...although I've stolen a couple sips here and there, its just not the same.
  • I wish my winter coat fit; however, I do like that Herm sticks out to stay "hello" to the world.
  • I really don't enjoy the bloody noses, or all the extra snot and phlegm--every morning.
  • Although funny, I wish when I sneezed I didn't pee my pants just a little...every time. Which I understand this doesn't go away.  Ever.
  • I could do without the leg cramping and I'm sure Chad could do without the bloody screaming in the middle of the night when the cramp takes over my entire lower body...or at least that's what it feels like.
  • Heartburn?  I think that is just beginning.
  • I don't think I would mind the constant urge to have to pee, but as a teacher this is challenging.
I'm not complaining.  Really.  These are just a few things that have changed in my life in the past 7-10 days of the pregnancy.  

Oh. And the hairy belly?  I actually don't mind it.  I'm kind of fascinated it by it.  I also don't mind Herm's new burrowing action.  Or at least that is what it feels like...as if he is trying to escape.

Pregnancy is such an odd, mysterious, fascinating and miraculous occurrence.  

2 comments:

Anna said...

Loved this post. =) So many realities to pregnancy that one can never fully "get" until pregnant. Some of these realities are wonderful and awe-inspiring ... others are downright obnoxious/weird. Morning sickness is my biggest challenge ... trying to remain grateful for all those great hormones while feeling constantly sea-sick has to be the biggest challenge I've faced! Congrats to you again! So excited for you!!!

Robin said...

Thanks, Anna. :)