Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Cheer

A year ago I took this picture as we were driving by the Space Needle on our way to Ballard to watch the Maldives play at the Tractor Tavern (Happy Birthday to my dear friend Molly). I absolutely love Christmas and this time of year, especially around the city. I love the smells outside and in my kitchen, I love the freindly gatherings with people we love, I love the excitement of buying, wrapping and giving presents, I love our travels to see family, I love the message shared at church during Christmas and how happy it makes my heart feel, I love the holiday music in every store...I LOVE IT ALL.
On our drive home last night from Molly and Ryan's house (dear, dear friends of ours) we were gloating, in a non-malicious way, about how great it is to be loved by so many people. The past couple of weeks we have shared more glasses of wine, great food, lots of laughter and have been surrounded by absolutely wonderful and amazing people...all who love us so much. It's somewhat overwhelming, but at the same time absolutely exciting. In return, Chad and I share that same love to others that we receive from all our friends. The feeling of love and friendship is mutual, and to think about how strong those feelings are, is even more rewarding and makes me feel all warm and happy inside. I know, sappy, right? But, it's true.
When I think about Christmas, I think about the love that we share with all our friends and family. It's an absolutely wonderful time of year...something that should not only happen once a year, but year round. We hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas filled with lots of love, friendships and laughter.

No comments: