Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Do You Know Where God Is?

I recently took a trip to Oregon for a girls weekend with the MacDonald family, also known as Kamp Kurt--Teagan's husband, Kurt, was the only male around for the weekend. On my way down to Eugene, I stopped at the Nike outlet store to see if there were any good deals. As I am about to walk into a dressing room I notice two blonde headed, cute as buttons, littlle girls that were about 5 years old standing oustide of another dressing room door. As I'm about to exit my dressing room, I over hear one of the girls say, "Do you even know where God lives?" As I open the door, I notice the other little girl standing very proudly with hands on her hips and she says, "Duh, of course I do." She continues, "He lives up there (pointing towards the sky) and He is looking down on us right now." With hands still on her hips and getting much in the face of her little friend, she then says, "Did you know God loves everyone?" The other little girl retorts sarcastically, "Of course I did!"

If only it was this simple. If only everyone could believe in God. I absolutely adore the innocence and purity of children. This little scenario definitely made my day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How cute! I wish we could all always believe as strongly as those two little girls. :)