Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day...

...A bit more challenging than I expected. This is the first spring in 3 years that we have not had to go through a miscarriage and I am very thankful for that. And although I yearn to be a mom, I can only continue to pray that God will allow for that to happen some day....when He knows the timing is right. Until then, I'm so thankful for all of our friends that continue to love us and share their kids with us.
This past Sunday was the first day since January that I had been to our church (I've been a busy girl). I was beyond excited to go and see everyone and listen to Pastor Scott share his message for the week...or in my case, 3 months. I hadn't really thought about "not being a mom", and was just eager to see all my "nieces and nephews" and hug and love on them. Then a dear friend gave me a Mother's Day card....then Pastor Scott wished mom's Happy Mother's Day and then continued to talk about how Mother's Day is also a celebration to those who don't or can't have kids of their own, but have a "mother's heart"....then another dear friend hugged me and shared in my ear that I was a mom to her little girl....the hugs and words of wisdom continued to be shared with me and the tears of sadness, yet joy continued down my face. Mother's Day was tougher than I expected.
Although, like I said, I'm so very thankful for our friends and their kids that we can love on. Someday, I hope, Chad and I will have a family of our own. Until then, I will love on and have fun with the kids below...jumping on the bed is so much fun!

No comments: