Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Bloomsday 1:20:11

When I was younger I ran/walked/jogged Bloomsday year after year with my family. It wasn't an activity of choice, we had to do it. It was great family bonding time and I didn't enjoy it. I didn't appreciate the run back then as much as I do now. This year I ran Bloomsday, well trained, and finished the race in one hour and twenty minutes. I was excited to share in the finishing of the race with my mother-in-law, Sonja and her friend Vicki, and a dear friend from college, Charli (along with her husband, Luke). After the race we went back to Chad's parents house and had a fulfilled greasy lunch of Ron's cheeseburgers and fries. I think a new tradition has been started. My goal for next year...an hour and ten minutes or less!











No comments: