Pages

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving was quite different from other Thanksgivings that Chad and I have shared together. Our original plan was to spend the holiday in Eugene at Teagan and Kurt's house; however our plans changed slightly when my very hard working and diligent husband won a competitive bid on a huge project at work. (I'm so proud of him.) Yesterday, Chad spent the holiday at work and I spent a nice, quiet and peaceful day to myself at home. That evening we went to dinner at the Yarrow Point Grill and had a great time together.

Who was I kidding? Of course we couldn't get by without having the traditional Thanksgiving meal. So, yesterday afternoon I got a phone call from Teagan saying that her and Kurt were bringing Thanksgiving to us. Teagan got the weekend off from her nursing responsibilities and Kurt was able to get Friday afternoon off. Therefore, Chad and I didn't miss out on Thanksgiving, we merely have post-poned the festivities until tomorrow. Thanks Teagan and Kurt for being so understanding...Chad and I are definitely thankful for you.

Here are things I am thankful for this year:

1. God
2. My amazing husband.
2. Family (I miss them.)
3. Friends
4. Good health
5. My career direction...working towards my Masters in Education.
6. My 18 second graders who have helped me get through my student teaching.
7. Staff at Peter Kirk who have inspired me to become a better teacher.
8. Wonderful neighbors.
9. Mackenzie, Aidan, & Delia
10. A new niece that is due April 10th.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: