Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Knits and Purls

One of my favorite hobbies is knitting and although my skills of knitting are very basic, I enjoy it very much. I find myself knitting more frequently throughout the fall and winter months where the weather is cold and I can stay inside, cozy up with my favorite ragtime quilt, put in a movie and knit away. It's a very relaxing activity and I have a great feeling of accomplishment whenever I finish a project. I originally taught myself to knit by looking at pictures online and after weeks of struggling through the steps I finally figured it out. I have numerous projects that are in the "work in process" stage" that way at any given time, depending what I'm in the mood for, I pick one and go for it. I highly recommend knitting to all those looking for a new hobby, needing a stress reducer, and desiring a little relaxation.

Our recent weekend getaway allowed for me to spend some time knitting outside in the fall air. I owe a thanks to my dear friend Molly for taking these pictures of me knitting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love how these photos captured the moment perfectly. you are a beautiful lady who happens to be a beautiful friend who makes beautiful things out of yarn. thanks for yesterday. you know just what to say, how to calm me, and i needed that.