Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Lake Wenatchee and Leavenworth

Our summer has been off to a great start...or rather my summer has been off to a great start.  I feel like I have been on summer break since Will has been here, but school isn't officially out for another week and one day.  (One day.  One day of going to school for 2 hours.  This is pointless, but whatever it takes I guess.)

Memorial Day somewhat kicks off our summer where BBQ's, warmer weather (or wishful thinking of warmer weather) and much traveling to see family and friends begins.  Rasar State Park has been a camping tradition for the past 6-7 years. Some parts are a little fuzzy, which I equate to the good times we have had.  This year's trip was a little different...we had Will and we only made it a day trip because he wasn't quite sleeping through the night, or at least consistently sleeping through the night.

Our little family at Rasar State Park.
This past week Will and I took a trip to Lake Wenatchee to see Granny and Papa and hang out for a few days.  While we were there we took a day trip into Leavenworth and hiked part of Lake Wenatchee shore side trail.  Granny also taught Will, or at least introduced him to the steps to making sangria.  We had a great time.
Smiling with Granny.
A day in Leavenworth.
Mom and I...after wine tasting.  We had so much fun!
Sangria lesson...
...introducing Will to wine.  
Hike around Lake Wenatchee. Will was not cooperative for the camera.
Today we enjoyed and laughed hysterically (I was crying I was laughing so hard) at Aidan's preschool graduation.  This little boy means the world to us.  He is like a nephew to us and we would do anything for him.  He is smart.  Very smart.  And he loves to read, especially about Star Wars.  He is funny and always makes us laugh.  He also has a loving heart, but is often shy about showing it.  My favorite is when he secretly approaches and wants to give a hug or quietly says, "I love you, Monin."  He truly is an incredible little boy and I'm so thankful that Molly and Ryan share him with us.  Congratulations buddy on finishing preschool.  We are so proud of you, Aidan.

After Aidan's preschool ceremony.
There are many other "things to do, places to see and people to be with" for our summer...this will be another post.

Until then...welcome summer and hurry up warmer weather.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for loving our boy like you do. We look forward to loving Will! I loved this post and I love you. So much love...