Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Who Is Jesus?

Today our pastor challenged us to ask and think about daily questions throughout Holy Week.  My first thought was, it's Holy Week?  Then shortly after I thought how great it will be to have a daily subject to write and share about on my blog.  I then went back to my original thought, it's Holy Week?  I guess I had never heard that Christian "term" before (I feel like there are a lot of those).  I should preface my week's writings with I'm not a professional and I haven't been a Christian for very long; therefore, what I share this week is purely from my heart. 

The question of the day:  Who is Jesus? 

When Jesus entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred and asked, "who is this?  The crowds answered, "This is Jesus, the prophet from nazareth in Galilee." -Mathew 21:10-11

Who is Jesus?  This seems like a loaded question, but maybe I'm making it too difficult.  Then I laugh a little when I picture Jesus to be this sandle-footed-white-robe-wearing-Fabio-wind-blown-hair guy.  Honestly I'm not sure what Jesus physically looks like; however, I do know that Jesus is my Savior.  He loves me know matter what.  He protects me and guides me.  He is a teacher, a prophet, and a healer.  He is the son of God.  Jesus is the truth.

I fear Jesus, and I think that's okay.  Honestly, depending on how my life is going (or not going) I get angry with Jesus and I think this is okay too.  I need to remember to praise Him more often...daily.  My relationship with Christ is between Him and I.  For a while now it's been one sided  and I know Jesus is waiting.  He is waiting for me to turn to him.  His arms are open wide and He is calling to me, but I'm stubborn.  I'm breaking down and He knows this.  I'm thankful He is patient and understanding. 

Ask yourself, who is Jesus?  It may excite you, make you happy and/or down right scare you, but that's okay because He loves you. 

2 comments:

angela said...

Robin you are so amazing! Thank you so much for sharing!

Julie Barrans said...

Robin, I just love your heart. You are an amazing young woman and I know with absolute certainty that God has amazing plans for your life. He has created you to be the loving, caring, giving and compassionate person that you are. I know God delights in you and is with you every step in this journey of life. You may not always feel His presence but He is with you just the same. Keep seeking and questioning. He will show you the way.