Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thank You, God

Yesterday I was mad. Today I am relieved, or I should say at peace. I am finished with my first round of conferences. I have a long road ahead of me, but with God by my side I know everything will be okay. I was reminded today that it's okay to have the heart that I do, to go home crying every other ngiht because I want the best for my students yet unsure as to how I am going to get them to be the best that they can be...BUT I can't do it alone. Someone shared with me today that being a Christian teacher is almost a tougher job than just being a teacher. My heart aches for my students that are lost, my students that have nobody to trust, those students that need that one-on-one support at home, but it's just not there. Sunday at church I was reminded that I can pray for my students. Duh! What was I thinking? More than anything many of my students need someone like Jesus. I'm not the type of person to "sell" Jesus...I just don't feel comfortable doing that; however, the love, care and concern that I share with my students is enough. I can't personally share Jesus' story with them, but I can share Jesus' love. Jesus loves my students, I love my students...I am praying for my students because they are lost and need love. Thank you, God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Robin, you're an amazing person. I couldn't agree more with you on your last post and this one! Happy Thanksgiving!!