Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hurts So Good

I'm addicted...to the pain apparently. Since my first triathlon the end of June, I've recently signed up for two more triathlons (and there are a couple more I have my eyes on). After the triathlon I took a little break and allowed for my body to recover; not only from tired muscles, but also from a sinus infection that I had battled through. It amazes me how quickly my body can get out of shape and then how hard it is to get motivated again to get back in shape. It's rather discouraging, so I try to remember that feeling of "great health" because it is definitely an amazing feeling.

So, this week has been the start of an 8-week training program for my next triathlon, the Seattle Danskin. After not working out consistantly for the past few weeks and jumping right in again my body is sore, tired and just plain weak. Again, rather frustrating. However, the pain of having to hoist myself onto the toilet with my hands or practically rolling out of bed onto the floor because I cannot move is AWESOME. My muscles are working again, my cardio is getting a boost and I'm looking forward to the mental and physical challenges ahead of me.
(The pic is from my cardio training to the top of Tiger Mountain with my tri-partner, Danielle. It was an intense and fast paced hike that I'm quite proud of.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job Robin!

Unknown said...

so proud of you, robin!