Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Anderson Ranch Camping


Chad and I headed out for a long journey to southern Idaho for a short, yet fun family camping trip. For as long as I can remember my family has made the annual trek to Anderson Ranch for good times, laughs and friendship rekindling with family friends in southern Idaho. My last trip to Anderson Ranch was when I was 16, so I was especially looking forward to seeing everyone. The camping has changed as everything is more geared towards the abundance of kids present. Every year now there is a theme and this year it happened to be a pirate theme. The fun included dressing like a pirate, talking like a pirate, scavenger hunts, a pirate pinata, and a pirate potluck. In addition to the "pirating" around camp, we enjoyed swimming in the river, playing endless games of volleyball, relaxing around the campfire, sitting in natural hotsprings in the evenings, and just enjoying the time together. I hope that Chad and I can return to Anderson Ranch years to follow.

No comments: