Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Clumsy Lovers at the Tractor


Saturday night we went to see a favorite band of mine, Clumsy Lovers, at the Tractor Tavern. Molly, Ryan and Kyle also joined us for a night out in Ballard. Chad and I have been watching the Clumsy Lovers for about 10 years, since we were freshmen in college. I remember watching them for the first time perform in the SUB ballroom. Since then we have seen them play throughout Idaho and Washington. Clumsy Lovers' music is difficult to describe--it is somewhat of a celtic rock with a touch of country and folk. About a year ago their previous female fiddler left the band to begin a family and I had not seen the band play since then. The band found two new fiddlers that had huge shoes to fill, but successfully I think they managed to do so. Although nothing can compare to the talent of Miss Andrea and her amazing electric fiddle playing. I wouldn't necessarily consider myself a "groupie" to the band, but rather a "friendly stalker". Check out their website if you want to hear some of their music. It's great! www.clumsylovers.com

No comments: